If you’re an online businessman or entrepreneur who has often pondered whether Google Ads or SEO is the best way to grow your business and broaden your online presence, you’re not alone. Many companies do not know what strategy can give them the best results when planning their marketing campaigns.
In this blog post, we’ll look into the pros and cons of SEO and Google ads and discuss how they work to help you decide which strategy will be effective for your business.
What is Google Ads and How Does It Work?
Google Ads, formerly Google Adwords, is an advertising platform marketers utilize to position their advertisements in Google products, Google Search Result Pages (SERPs), and thousands of sites in the AdWords program as publishers. It’s a pay-per-click (PPC) platform that helps marketers reach interested leads. PPC ads usually appear in search ads, local services ads, Google shopping ads, and display ads. Torapath Digital Marketing offers targeted display ads if you want to further expand your business’s reach online.
The PPC system makes Google Ads more cost-effective than conventional marketing methods like newspaper ads, radio, and television, as you only pay when users click your ad. The whole Google Ads system works like a big auction where marketers compete for available advertising places and bid for keywords they want to utilize for their ads.
If you want to use Google Ads to your advantage and its full potential, you may work with digital agencies that offer search engine marketing services.
- Lets you set hours you want to show particular keywords or phrases.
- Get on the first page of Google or in the top 5 website results.
- Creates custom remarketing lists to show display ads to.
- Lets you track leads or conversions.
- Drives consumers to a specific landing page.
- May take time to get the right keywords to use.
- Can be expensive over time compared to SEO.
- Not a long-term option.
- Only uses 1 website or domain per account.
What is SEO and How Does It Work?
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, includes optimizing site conversions and enhancing a website’s visibility to search engines and its users through high-quality content. This works best for individuals who want to produce a consistent, steady flow of traffic over time to improve their brand awareness.
To achieve this, it’s essential to ensure your website is search engine friendly, fully responsive on various screen sizes, fast, functional, and has unique content that provides a comfortable experience to end users. Investing in SEO can be profitable if you’re a marketer with enough time and is willing to play the long game. Hiring a professional SEO agency like Torapath Digital Marketing can help your business grow even more and give you an edge over competitors.
- No need to spend for clicks.
- Provides organic traffic, leading to lower abandonment rates.
- Google and search engines favor optimized websites.
- It’s a reliable long-term option for higher Google ranking.
- May take three to six months of work to see improvements in ranking.
- Requires time and long-term investment.
- You may not often see immediate returns or outcomes, unlike Google Ads.
- Continuous efforts are required to maintain higher rankings.
With the details we’ve provided, you might see that Google Ads and SEO differ quite a bit and offer various benefits for particular types of campaigns. These marketing tactics are not competitors but efficient tools you can utilize in your digital marketing arsenal. Google Ads might look promising if you want fast traffic. However, you will need SEO for sustainable and long-term online success.